top of page

Auto Insurance Coverage Options

This is a brief explanation of the most popular coverages available in a typical auto insurance policy. Please look over each section carefully and be sure to send us an email if you need further information.



LIABILITY  This coverage is what DMV and THE LAW requires.  Liability pays benefits for bodily injury and/or property damage up to the limits indicated on the policy.  Damages are paid to the people that suffer a loss due to an accident that you are at fault, or liable for. The minimum limits required under California law are $15,000/$30,000 bodily inuury and $5,000 property damage. We recommend that you get higher limits if you can. In today's litigious society, it's very easy to reach those minimum limits, and then you are left to pay for any damages above the minimum.




UNINSURED MOTORIST   This coverage is part of a liability policy and will pay benefits to you and/or your passengers for bodily injury and/or property damage in the event you are injured or your car is damaged in an accident caused by an uninsured motorist.  You must get information on the person who hit you in order to be compensated under the uninsured motorist section of your policy.  A hit and run would be covered under comprehensive and collision.




MEDICAL  This coverage will provide excess medical coverage in the event you or your passenger are injured in an accident while driving your car. The amount you purchase typically can vary between $500.00 to $5,000. This is another part of an insurance policy that pays benefits to you.




COMPREHENSIVE AND COLLISION  This coverage will cover your vehicle completely in the event of an accident,  or if your vehicle is stolen or vandalized.  The company will pay benefits up to the value of the vehicle at the time of the loss,  less your deductible.  This coverage is required on all financed vehicles.



RENTAL CAR   This coverage will reimburse you for the cost of a car that you rent to replace the car on your policy while it is being fixed due to an accident or loss that occurred to the insured vehicle.


ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE   This coverage will pay for the cost of roadside emergencies such as towing, gas, key locked in car, or any roadside emergency.

GAP  This coverage will cover the gap on what you owe on the loan vs what the car is worth. For example, in the event of a total loss and if you owe $20,000 and the car is only worth $18,000 due to depreciation, the gap insurance will cover the additional $2,000 so you are not responsible to pay off the loan. 


bottom of page